Notice: VAKT Lite EULA (End User License Agreement) can be accessed here and the Privacy Notice below does apply to VAKT Lite as well.
We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect from our customers and from our website and other online visitors (“you” or “your”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies) or when you use our devices, products and services.
We want you to feel confident that we are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. By visiting this Site, and/or using the Services offered on or through this Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”), as they may be amended from time to time, and to VAKT’s collection, use, processing, and disclosure of your information as described below. We may change this Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice to you. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site.
How we collect and process your Personal Information:
We may collect, and process personal information provided by you when you:
- engage with VAKT to use our services by registering on this site or through other web products (social media platforms),
- tools and products; contact us to receive support with our products, tools and services; register or subscribe to our newsletters or events;
- complete surveys or satisfaction questionnaires; access or provide details via the Careers section;
- contact us.
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, and user IDs. It may also include work information such as job title and other business or company information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether the information requested is mandatory.
How we use personal information The information that we collect enables VAKT to provide you with access to the Site and the services you request, process online job applications, tailor the marketing, and to carry out other purposes which we describe to you at the point where the information is collected. The purposes for which your information may be processed include but are not limited to the following: to authenticate you as an authorised user and to deliver the products, solutions, services and support you have requested; send you communications, including information or notifications about our products and services, specific VAKT programmes in which you have chosen to participate, products, solutions and services available from VAKT, events, promotional offers and surveys; facilitate your use of our website, online VAKT social media, including VAKT news, whitepapers, research, podcasts and blogs; to contact you for marketing purposes in line with the applicable laws customise, analyse and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you; prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities; protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services; or perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect behavioural and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with VAKT websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
Information from third party sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include page-view information from some business partners with which we operate co-branded services or joint offerings. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant information, products and services to you.
Information collected on behalf of other Organisations (our corporate customers).
We are a provider of VAKT services. In the course of delivering our products and/or services to our corporate customers, we may collect personal information from individual users of the software, nominated by our corporate customers. Individual participants (end users) are usually employees of the corporate customers. We are required to collect information from the individual participants to enable them to connect and access or use our software, on behalf of the corporate customers.
In this situation, VAKT acts as a Data Processor. If you are an individual participant of the VAKT software and wish to know how your personal information is being processed, please contact your employer’s DPO in the first instance who is the Data Controller.
Legal basis of processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your details to notify you about Services or Products purchased from us, for invoicing or using your personal details where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote).
- For compliance with VAKT’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, health and safety, taxation KYC processes and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- VAKT’s (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
- If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at privacy@VAKT.io.
Retention of your data
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with VAKT’s retention policies and applicable law.
VAKT may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within the VAKT group and/or to its Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States, Singapore and other countries in which VAKT or its subsidiaries, affiliates or Business Partners maintain facilities. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, affiliates and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard the Personal Information we transfer.
How we may share your personal information
We may share your Personal Information with VAKT subsidiaries or Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries) more responsive to your needs. Our subsidiaries and/or Business Partners may contact you with information about VAKT, and VAKT-branded products, services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with VAKT subsidiaries and Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by VAKT. In addition, VAKT may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sales agents and channel partners, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for VAKT products and services. We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if VAKT (or a part of VAKT) is sold or merges with another company; or if VAKT reasonably believes it is necessary to protect VAKT, its customers or the public. Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
Your EU data protection rights Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to log a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
Selecting your communication preferences, opting out of marketing and the creation of customized profiles about you
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from VAKT by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email privacy@VAKT.io;
- You can email us at privacy@VAKT.io or write to us at Privacy, VAKT Global Ltd, Level 39, One Canada Square, E14 5AB to opt-out of allowing us to create a customized profile about you.
Any marketing by VAKT, or any third parties on behalf of VAKT, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service-related matters.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take the security of your personal information seriously and have implemented processes and tools to protect your personal information, to prevent unauthorised and unlawful access and/or use. We use security measures, in compliance with applicable law, to protect personal information from unauthorised access or use.
VAKT takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All systems used by VAKT go through a thorough evaluation process in accordance with our ISMS (Information Security Management System) and are aligned to ISO 27000 series certifications.
Some of the ways we do this include:
-Limiting physical access to our premises;
-Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from VAKT asking for your personal information. VAKT will not request your login details through email.
Collection and use of children's personal information
VAKT takes children’s privacy seriously. Our services and solutions are directed to Enterprises and their members of staff and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children through our websites.
How you can get in touch with us?
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or about how your data is processed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries regarding your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us via our postal address and we will respond to your request within 30 calendar days.
Trademarks and Copyright
All images, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.