Our vision is to digitize the global commodities trading industry. VAKT is building a platform underpinned by Blockchain that will ultimately disrupt the commodities markets. We are a uniquely placed start-up, backed and well-funded by a consortium of Oil Majors (BP, Shell, Chevron,Total, etc), Banks (ABN-AMRO, Société Générale, ING) and Trading Houses(Gunvor, Mercuria).
The Tech Business Analyst will work closely with customers and participants to ensure that the development of the platform meets their business needs, liaising with the domain engineers building the platform to connect requirements and implementation. The Tech Business Analyst will be expected to research, outreach and make decisions about priorities to ensure the success of the platform. The ideal candidate would be someone with a have a strong agile background who is always eager to learn new things and is able to capture and understand client problems and requirements.
- Understand the needs and requirements of Customers;
- Collaborate with Development Team in order to prioritize features;
- Cooperate with the Project Manager in project planning;
- Write the functional and technical specifications that serve as a reference for the Development Team.
Key Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English;
- Working to understand the existing business environment, business needs and eliciting business requirements from stakeholders both internally and externally at all levels of seniority utilizing;
- Experience in using a variety of techniques to get and communicate requirements;
- Experience in using prioritization techniques;
- Skilled in questioning assumptions and requests;
- Ability to translate the vision into prioritised deliverable goals/stories;
- Active leadership and co-facilitation of Stand-ups, Retrospectives, Showcases, Planning sessions, Iteration planning and kick-off, and Story kick-off, ongoing desk-checks and story sign off;
- Develop and manage Scrum sprint backlog (Epics, Stories, etc.);
- Develops prototypes to test out ideas;
- Resilient and proactive with a strong delivery focus;
- Good communication/influencing skills.
- Knowledge of the commodities markets (Esp Oil and Gas) and/ Or Trade Finance;
- High level technical understanding of some of: infrastructure, Enterprise architecture, Distributed Ledger, UI/UX.