Our vision isto digitize the global commodities trading industry. VAKT is building a platform underpinned by Blockchain that will ultimately disrupt the commodities markets. We are a uniquely placed start-up, backed and well-funded by a consortium of Oil Majors (BP, Shell, Chevron,Total, etc), Banks (ABN-AMRO, Société Générale, ING) and Trading Houses(Gunvor, Mercuria).
We are rapidly expanding our Development team in Lisbon. As an early joiner, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the development of the platform. You will play a key role in ensuring that our platform is modular and highly robust, thus guaranteeing our rapid expansion into new markets. Our core technologies include Java,Spring Boot, React and Quorum (Corporate Ethereum/Blockchain), deploying to the cloud (AWS/Docker).
We support an agile culture, with continuous delivery and deployment. Working with emerging technologies and approaches such as Blockchain, AI, ML, DevOps, provides opportunities for innovation and requires a problem-solving mindset.
· We have an innovative mindset, keeping ahead of technology evolution with a desire to learn new technologies.
· We have a startup environment with no top-down hierarchy. We trust you and expect you to make changes
· We have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative (while empowering others to do the same)
· We put people first
· We appreciate transparency through open access to information
· We are not afraid to challenge the status quo
· We are a multicultural and international team
· 5+ years shipping back-end code (preferably Java + Spring Boot) in a high-quality production environment, with exposure to front-end development
· Experience with data and event-based architectures (API development,SQL/NoSQL data stores, messaging queues, etc.)
· Experience building and deploying microservices in production
· Experience of working in an Agile mode, knowledge of associated tools and approaches
· Strong communication skills with a proven history of interfacing with business-level stakeholders, both technical and non-technical alike
· Computer science, engineering or related degree
· Fluent English
· Experience working with Cloud Platform AWS, Azure
· Financial services or Commodities background
· Knowledge of Blockchain/ Ethereum / Solidity
· Experience of working in a multi-party distributed environment
What we offer
· State of the art software development. We follow best practices and embrace open source.
· Competitive salary
· Brand new MacBook, large external monitor and the gadgets you require to do your job
· Health Insurance