Our vision isto digitise the global commodities trading industry. VAKT is building a platform underpinned by Blockchain that will ultimately disrupt the commodities markets. We are a uniquely placed start-up, backed and well-funded by a consortium of Oil Majors (BP, Shell, Chevron,Total, etc), Banks (ABN-AMRO, Société Générale, ING) and Trading Houses(Gunvor, Mercuria).
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team is accountable for the provision of cloud, infrastructure and platform services to underpin the smooth running of the VAKT platform. The cloud infrastructure engineer will be involved in all aspects of design, delivery, deployment and maintenance of the platform. Working closely with the development teams they will ensure the integrity of the production and development environments, provide infrastructure as a service and support the delivery pipeline in aDevOps mode using the latest tools, technologies and approaches.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in DevOps and are providing opportunities to join this fast-moving career. We will tailor training and mentoring programs or the right candidates to skill them up quickly.
· We have an innovative mindset, keeping ahead of technology evolution with a desire to learn new technologies.
· We have a startup environment with no top-down hierarchy. We trust you and expect you to make changes
· We have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative (while empowering others to do the same)
· We put people first
· We appreciate transparency through open access to information
· We are not afraid to challenge the status quo
· We are a multicultural and international team
· Experience in continuous improvement and delivery
· Knowledge of scripting languages, such as: Python, Ruby and Shell
· Understanding of cloud infrastructure
· Understanding of the production environment and release activities
· Experience, knowledge or demonstrable interest in one or more of Systems Administration, ITsystems, Networking and IT Operations
· Experience or Knowledge in developing/ managing cloud applications
· Computer science, engineering or related degree
· Experience of working in an Agile mode, knowledge of associated tools and approaches
· StrongCommunication skills
· Well organised and delivery oriented
· Experience in working in a DevOps role
· Experience working with Cloud Platform AWS
· Knowledge of tools Terraform, Ansible, Concourse, Jenkins.
· Experience of working in a multi-party environment
· Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
· Development background
· Financial services or Commodities background
· Knowledge of Blockchain/ Ethereum/ Solidity
· Understanding of high-performance computing, virtualisation, grid computing, distributed computing or similar
What else we offer
· State of the art software development. We follow best practices and embrace open source.
· Competitive salary
· Brand new MacBook, large external monitor and the gadgets you require to do your job
· Health Insurance
· Fresh fruit and snacks in the office