Our vision is to digitize the global commodities trading industry. VAKT is building a platform underpinned by Blockchain that will ultimately disrupt the commodities markets. We are a uniquely placed start-up, backed and well-funded by a consortium of Oil Majors (BP, Shell, Chevron, Total, etc), Banks (ABN-AMRO, Société Générale, ING) and Trading Houses (Gunvor, Mercuria).
The DevOps team is accountable for the provision of cloud, infrastructure and platform services to underpin the smooth running of the VAKT platform. The DevOps Engineer will be involved in all aspects of design, delivery, deployment and maintenance of the platform.
Working closely with the development teams they will ensure the integrity of the production and development environments, provide infrastructure as a service and support the delivery pipeline in a DevOps mode using the latest tools, technologies and approaches.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in DevOps and are providing opportunities to join this fast-moving career. We will tailor training and mentoring programs or the right candidates to skill them up quickly.
Key Skills and experience required:
· 3 years of experience working in a DevOps role
· Experience working with Cloud provides such as AWS , Azure or GCP
· Experience in Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
· Experience with Docker containers (development, networking, deployment)
· Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana or Datadog
· Experience with ELK stack - Elasticseach and Kibana
· Experience in CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Circle CI or Travis CI
· Experience in scripting languages such as python, shell, groovy
· Experience in developing/managing Cloud applications and services at scale
· Understanding of the development and release cycles
· Experience of working in an Agile mode, knowledge of associated tools and approaches
· Fluent in English with great communication skills
· Eager to learn something new every day!
· Experience working with AWS (our de facto Cloud provider)
· Knowledge of GitOps tools such as GitHub Actions or GitLab CI/CD
· Knowledge of Blockchain/ Ethereum and smart contracts implementation through Solidity
· Understanding of high-performance computing, virtualisation, grid computing, distributed computing or similar
· Financial services or Commodities background
What else we offer